Best Medicine For Social Anxiety

Discussion in 'General Health, Pharmacy & Drugs Support Forum' started by boo, Feb 19, 2016.

1. boo

boo New Member

What is the best med for social anxiety? I have been on few benzos, but it has not helped me much. I am fed-up of getting prescribed different meds which are of no help to me. I was wondering if anyone can suggest me some good medications based on personal experience.

2. lol

lol New Member

To tell you frankly, I don’t think there are any miracle drugs for SA. It is a gradual improvement process for social anxiety disorder.

3. menthos

menthos New Member

Well, I am currently on Ritalin, Zoloft and Klonopin. Zoloft has helped me and it has made me want to socialize and gotten that spark in my life. It did not help me with physical part of anxiety, but did give me mental peace. Klonopin also helps a lot, but I feel that it is poor when it comes to long term solution. Stimulant like Ritalin has helped me with social anxiety.

4. Divine

Divine New Member Staff Member

I do agree that psychostimulants and opiods are merely quick fixes. In my opinion SSRI’s/Klonopin are better choices for social anxiety issues. These pills will make you feel more in control of social situations.

5. Vegan

Vegan New Member

I am making a list of some useful drugs. These are very effective for SA.
    Xanax - Faster working benzo
    Klonopin/ Paxil - Strongest and longer working SSRI's
    Adderall - Stimulants

6. Hydragirl

Hydragirl New Member

My mom has taken a lot of pills and for her Zoloft and Lexapro worked best.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
  7. boo

boo New Member

Thanks everyone for all your recommendations. I am sure one of them will definitely help me with my SA issues.

8. alizee

alizee New Member

Modafinil. I'm not saying it's strongest and most effective if u compare with adderall however it doesn't have such a weird side effective or addiction. Also and it is much more easier to get it without getting ripped off.

9. AliceWhat

AliceWhat New Member