Can you get pregnant 9 days before your period?

Discussion in 'Sex and Sexual Health Forum' started by Amina, May 5, 2018.

1. Amina

Amina New Member

Okay so here’s my story. I’m about to have my period on the 15th of this month but my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the sixth. So that’s exactly 9 days before my period. My question is, will I get pregnant 9 days before my period? We usually use condoms but that day, we just forgot about it in the heat of the moment. He did the pull out method but I know that it’s not 100% safe. I just need to know if there’s a possibility that I got pregnant. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. melody

melody New Member

First off, you can get pregnant if you have sex without protection. No matter what day of the month, if you didn’t use protection, a child may be conceived. Most women begin ovulating 12-14 days before their period. Since you had sex with your boyfriend 9 days prior, you may be safe, but it is still possible that you might get pregnant. Get a pregnancy kit to check if you are. Good luck.

3. yellow-belly

yellow-belly New Member

As a rule for myself (although I don’t think that it applies to everyone else) the safest days would be 5 days before and after my menstrual period. Any days beyond that are not safe.

4. NigelD

NigelD New Member

Just pray and hope that your monthly visitor arrives on the 15th of this month. Chances are you could get pregnant. But for now, it’s too early to tell.

5. aston

aston New Member

Yes, there is a chance of pregnancy. I suggest that you go to a clinic and ask for a morning after pill. You can take it 72 hours after a bout unprotected sex. I think you still have time. Good luck.

6. Ruby

Ruby New Member

If your period is regular, say you have a 28 day cycle, you are fertile on day 9 to 14 of your menstrual cycle. If you have a 30 day cycle, you are most fertile on day 11 to 16 of your menstrual cycle. If you have sex on those days you are likely to get pregnant.

7. rbeauty111

rbeauty111 New Member

Oh dear! If you know exactly when you ovulate, then you can find out what are the safest days for you to have sex. Having sex 9 days before your period is quite safe if you have a normal period. But in my opinion, there’s still a chance that you can get pregnant. Using protection is still the best way to go.