Can you get pregnant on the first day of your period?

Discussion in 'Sex and Sexual Health Forum' started by ness, Jan 23, 2018.

1. ness

ness New Member

Just last week, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. We did it on the first day of my period. I’m not on birth control but he did pull out. A friend of mine told me that pulling out is not a safe method. But I was on my period then. Will I get pregnant if we had sex on the first day of my period?

2. House

House Administrator Staff Member

You should know that having unprotected sex can get you pregnant. Even if he did pull out, it’s not a guarantee that some semen didn’t slip out. And even if you are on your period, there’s still a chance that you’ll get pregnant because you might be fertile on that day.

3. whitebeach

whitebeach New Member

Yes, you can get pregnant when you have sex during the first day of your period. I suggest that you use birth control so that you won’t have to worry about getting pregnant.

4. kate31

kate31 New Member

It is unlikely but not impossible. It will largely depend on your cycle if it is long or short. If you have a short cycle, say 20 days, ovulation may start right after your period. So there’s a possibility that you are fertile very early on your cycle.

5. Cells

Cells New Member

If you have an irregular cycle, you can get pregnant. And you should know that sperm can last inside our body from 4-5 days, so it is still not a 100% guarantee that you won’t get pregnant even if you are not ovulating at the time of your period.

6. lou

lou New Member

Unless you are already in the ovulation phase of your period, then you can get pregnant. But this is only possible if you have a very short cycle and a long period. For example your menstrual cycle is 21 days (which I think is very rare) and your period lasts for 7 days.

7. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Always use protection when having sex. That’s the only guarantee that you won’t get pregnant. So, the answer to your question is yes. While on your period, it is the time when you are less fertile, but conception can still happen.