Can you go blind from masturbating?

Discussion in 'Sex and Sexual Health Forum' started by Jerry, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Might sound silly for some, but I have heard that one can go blind from masturbating. I for one do not believe it. What about you guys? What’s your opinion on this?

2. House

House Administrator Staff Member

That’s just a myth perhaps perpetrated by those who want to dissuade other people from doing the deed. There are many ways in which a person might go blind. But masturbating isn’t one of it.

3. Doug

Doug New Member

This is just hilarious. If that were true, then half the population of the world will go blind. And we’re talking about millions of people here, from different age groups and different walks of life.

4. turvell

turvell New Member

Oh my! I’m in trouble then. LOL. I guess I need to learn Braille this early just in case.
    I suddenly remembered this episode of Family guy wherein this guy developed huge muscles because of masturbating frequently. His whole right arm became humongous while the rest of his body remained thin. I wonder what happened to the size of his penis. LOL.

5. bottle

bottle New Member

:p People who masturbate regularly can and do go blind, but only if they have serious eye ailments like cataracts, macular degeneration, glaucoma etc

House likes this.
  6. Schwarzer

Schwarzer New Member

Following that line of thought, then it is probably the reason why lot of people older than 50 have vision loss. It has nothing to do with macular degeneration. It’s masturbation that’s the culprit. LOL.

7. gareth09

gareth09 New Member

I’ve heard this one before. I also heard that you’ll grow hair on the palm of hands if you masturbate. There’s just too many myths surrounding masturbation. I really don’t know where and when it all started. It’s just so funny that after all the medical breakthroughs in this day and age, myths like this still circulate.

8. fatjacker61

fatjacker61 New Member

I’ve been masturbating for 46 years and can still see very well.