how much is invisalign for top teeth only

Discussion in 'General Health, Pharmacy & Drugs Support Forum' started by rusk007, Jan 26, 2018.

1. rusk007

rusk007 New Member

There is a small gap between my buck teeth and I want to fix it. I was thinking if invisalign can be worn only on the top portion of my teeth set because my bottom part is perfectly fine. It is only the top portion that I have problems with. Also, is it possible for me to get insurance for it? Has anyone done it this way? Would it cost less if I am only wearing it on one portion? Appreciate your responses!!!

2. carry37

carry37 New Member

I have worn invisalign only on the top portion of my teeth. I don’t know about the rates because it is a friend of mine who is doing it for me. So, I struck a really nice deal. Initially, I wanted bonding to be done, but it was my dentist who advised that invisalign will help in permanent bonding, which will need a re-touch every few years. I have little gaps on either side of my two front teeth. From my experience, I can tell you that invisalign actually helps.

You may feel conscious for a week or so but later on you won’t even remember that you are wearing it nor will people notice unless you tell them. So go ahead with it!!!

3. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I have an appointment with my dentist for invisalign next week. My dentist has informed me that it would cost approx. $7000 for the top and bottom one. I have an imbricate front tooth on the top portion and one crooked teeth in the bottom one. So my dentist had advised it would be better if I wore invisalign for both top and bottom portions as it will help me get a better look later on. I have heard that there are pressure and lisping issues associated with wearing it. Can anyone help me with the same? Is it bearable?

4. carry37

carry37 New Member

I do not think you need to worry so much about the pressure and the lisping. It is just a passing cloud. I must admit that the pressure was bad for a few days and it also hurt me when they were trying to put the invisalign on. Also, I faced difficulty in taking it out and putting it back in but I soon learnt the knack. It takes a little time to get used to it because you have to take it out every time you eat something. You can only drink cold liquids when you are wearing it. So, for the first few days, I hardly munched on any snacks. It was a good thing though for me!!

Nowadays I even wear it when I am sleeping and they do not bother me. The lisp was there for about a week. You get used to it as time goes and your normal speech patterns return. So don’t worry. Focus on getting your teeth corrected.

5. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Thank you so much for the information. I was getting really anxious and was double minded if I should be getting into all this or leaving my teeth set the way they are. Now it’s clear for me. I am definitely going for it. Taking it out every time you eat sounds cumbersome to me!!!But it’s all right!!! I feel I will get used to it soon.

6. carry37

carry37 New Member

Ohhh...Do not be too worked up about getting it out and putting it back in. You will be comfortable doing it in a week’s time. I usually pull it out using a tissue so that I get better grip while taking it out. Also, it’s not like invisalign is going to stay inside your mouth forever. It’s just a matter of months and I bet you won’t even realize as it passes. It just took me 3 months in total to get my teeth aligned using it. So chill!!!

7. rusk007

rusk007 New Member

Thank you all for your replies, but I still do not have a clear answer to my question. Can anybody tell me how much I should shell out for getting only the top portion done? Because my bottom set is perfectly fine and I do not require any invisalign for it.

8. fanta

fanta New Member

Hey Rusk,
    I was told by my dentist that invisalign costs the same amount, whether you want it done only for one portion or both the top and the bottom portions combined together. The reason being, the doc has to pay the same charges as lab fees. I too felt like you, that I need it only for my top portion but I was advised that when I am doing it, it’s better to get both done together, as it will align in a better way. I was sceptical initially, but now after the treatment I feel it was the right thing to do. So, I guess it’s better for you as well to go for both when you are paying for it.

9. rusk007

rusk007 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply. I just came across invisalign express; which is a cheaper and better version as it takes less time. The gap between my teeth is very small and there is nothing else particularly wrong with my teeth, so I think it would be better if I go for this. Does anybody know about this express version? Has anyone given it a try?

10. Alexa140

Alexa140 New Member

rusk007rusk007 I think it would be wise on your part if you get a consultation with a dentist first, discuss the available options with him and then select one that suits you. If you have only a small gap in between your teeth, do you think a $5000 dollar treatment is going to be worth? Speak to a dentist first and let him tell you what needs to be done. Do not choose it for yourself. Good luck!!!