why does my penis smell like fish? GF says dick smells fishy

Discussion in 'Sex and Sexual Health Forum' started by hAya, May 2, 2018.

1. hAya

hAya New Member

Guys, what does a penis smell like normally? I’m 18 years old and just a few months ago, my GF and I started having sex. I don’t have that much experience. Last week instead of her giving me a hand job she gave me a blow job. It was my first time and I could sense a hesitation, but i still liked it. But my gf told me that when she was giving me a blow job, she felt my penis did smell a little fishy. Yes, she told me my penis smelled like fish. I was upset and felt bad for myself and for her too. what should a penis smell like? Do they normally smell like fish? Is this normal? I really want blowjobs but not if my girl is going to hate doing it. Any advice

2. BigCat

BigCat New Member

The next time do it in the shower when you are all cleaned up and watery. Clean it thoroughly before putting in your girls mouth. If that doesn’t remove that fishy smell, then I don’t know what will. Good luck.

3. Magdalina

Magdalina New Member

I think that it’s a hygiene problem. Perhaps when she gave you a blow job, you were sweating a lot before and didn’t shower. Under normal situations penis does smell a little "not good". I think that cleaning that area will do the trick.

4. amok

amok New Member

It may be a hygiene problem or maybe you have an infection. Don’t worry I am not talking about sexually transmitted diseases. You may have urinary tract infection. When guys (and even girls) have UTI, this can cause foul smelling urine. And since the urine has no other way to go out but through the penis, this could cause your penis to smell bad.

5. Menace

Menace New Member

I wonder why? shouldn't it smell like jasmine :rolleyes:

6. maximus

maximus New Member

The penis, like all other parts of the body, can smell bad if it is not kept clean. There are many factors that can cause body odor like sweat and bacteria. Moreover, the groin is the perfect place for unpleasant smells to develop. It has apocrine glands that release secretions and when these secretions mix with sweat, as well as with the natural bacteria on the skin, then it can lead to bad odor. Make sure that that area is clean and dry. You can also shave off pubic hair. It will give your penis a clean look and there would be no more hair that can trap dampness and odor. I hope this helps. Good luck.

7. House

House Administrator Staff Member

I just have to ask this. Are you circumcized? If not then the smell might be because of the accumulated smegma on your penis. The smegma is a secretion that can be found in both the vagina and the penis. When this accumulates, it can cause a bad smell. You must clean your penis and remove the smegma that might have accumulated there. Pull the foreskin all the way back and then wash the head of your penis. You should do this one or twice a day or as needed.

8. sutton1976

sutton1976 New Member

If your penis is clean and still smells bad, you may have some kind of STD or a UTI. Please go see a doctor first before you engage in any sexual activity again. Take care.

9. batman

batman Member