Why does my vagina itch after sex

Discussion in 'Sex and Sexual Health Forum' started by Alenaerorne, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Alenaerorne

Alenaerorne New Member

This is truly embarrassing. Whenever I have sex with my husband, I get itchy down there afterwards. I don’t know what’s going on and this is driving me crazy. Has anyone of you experienced this before? Please help.

2. House

House Administrator Staff Member

Your vagina is probably irritated. This may be due to a lot of things. If your husband is using a condom, then you are probably allergic to the brand that he is using. If the brand that he is using is made from latex, then I suggest that you use non-latex condoms.

3. BigCat

BigCat Member

I am going to add in something controversial to what HouseHouse has said. If you are not using condoms, then it’s also a small possibility that you are allergic to your husband’s sperm. You might think that this is far from happening but there are cases wherein some women have been found to be allergic to sperm. Anyway, we can’t really know for sure. Better see your doctor so that you can be diagnosed properly. Good luck.

4. lou

lou New Member

I also have itchy vagina. I’ve been to my gynecologist and STDs were ruled out. It would seem that the problem lies in lubrication. When our vaginas aren’t wet enough when having sex, this can lead to microabrasions. And these microabrasions can make us feel itchy afterwards. Just use some lube when you’re having sex. I hope this helps.

5. kamila

kamila New Member

I’m always itchy a few days after having sex. So I went to the doctor and he told me I have yeast infection. This is apparently quite common. Go to your doctor and have yourself checked.

6. Tarcea

Tarcea New Member

I thought that I was the only one who experiences this. It seems to be that it’s fairly common for women to feel itchy down there.

7. yellow-belly

yellow-belly New Member

You may probably have a yeast infection. Don’t worry, this is treatable. You only need antifungal creams or your doctor might prescribe you oral medication. Just a precaution, avoid having sex for a while because you might transmit the infection to your husband. If you can’t abstain from sex, then use a condom.

8. Magdalina

Magdalina New Member

Well we can’t know for sure. You may have an infection or your vagina may be irritated because of other things like the type of underwear that you use, soap, lubricant, condoms, spermicide. There are many things to consider. Your vagina may be too acidic. Or like the others said, you may have a yeast infection which is very common in women. Even those who are not sexually active can have yeast infection. Make an appointment with your doctor to see what’s wrong down there.